Spring 1- English
in our English lessons this term we have been learning:
- To write Traditional Tale character riddles.
- Make predictions about characters.
Spring 1 - Maths
In Maths this term we will be learning:
- multiplying by 2, 5 and 10.
- dividing by 2, 5 and 10.
- To construct tally charts.
Spring 1 - Topic
In Topic this term we will be learning:
- To critique an artist’s work based on shape, colour and pattern.
- To create our own art in response to another artist.
Autumn 2 - English
in our English lessons this term we have been learning to:
- Write poetry about Bonfire night using rhyming words, our senses and onomatopoeia.
- Identify the features of a newspaper report.
- Writing a newspaper report.
- Role play in the role as a character.
- Art to express our thoughts and feelings about the dark.
- Create a class call and response poem.
Autumn 2 Maths
In Maths this term we are learning about:
- Addition of two 1-digit numbers that cross 10.
- Addition of two 2-digit numbers using Base 10 and column method.
- subtraction of a 1-digit number from a 2-digit number.
- identifying and ordering money.
- combining money to make amounts.
Autumn 2 Topic - Light and Dark
In Topic this term we will be learning about:
- The Great Fire of London
- Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot
- How houses have changed through time
- Everyday materials
- Diwali (through our RE lessons)
Autumn 2 RE - Light and Dark
In RE this term we have been learning about:
- Diwali, the story of Rama and Sita and the importance of Diva lamps.